The NECC Regional Telestroke Study
Tele-Stroke In previous years, the NECC conducted a survey to assess the level of participation in Telestroke programs within the region. The Telestroke project will begin phase two of this project following the summit. An in-depth survey will be administered to all telestroke facilities identified in phase one.
The aims of the follow up survey are as follows:
- To characterize the utilization of telestroke systems at spoke facilities with the NECC region.
- To understand the rationale for why spokes became part of a telestroke network.
- To identify if there is a perceived improvement in care after facilities became part of a telestroke network.
- To identify any barriers in the establishment of spoke facilities.
The survey includes information about the facility’s demographics, motivation to join a telestroke network, staffing and stroke protocols, equipment, the financial aspects of telestroke, outcome metrics and quality improvement and barriers in the establishment of the spoke facility. We look forward to all hospitals participating in a telestroke network within our region to participate. If you are interested in this project, please email Lisa.Bemben@heart.org.
The Telestroke Study Leadership
- Charles R. Wira III, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Yale Acute Stroke Service, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Christopher Commichau, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Director, Neurocritical Care & Stroke, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT
- Lisa A. Bemben, MPH, CHES, Senior Director, Quality & Systems Improvement, American Stroke Association