2018 Research Opportunities
Call for Proposals – Transitions of Care Across the Continuum
The NorthEast Cerebrovascular Consortium (NECC) is pleased to announce our 2018 Call for Proposals for research projects that focus on Transitions of Care. The NECC will support projects with mentorship and funding up to $10,000 per project.
2nd Annual Stroke Tank: Pitch it to the Judges! TM – Funded proposals will have a chance to compete for additional funds in a “Shark Tank” style competition at the 13th Annual Summit, October 25th and 26th, Newport, RI.
Transitions of Care Focus
Proposals should focus initiatives across the continuum of care, including EMS, in-hospital processes, interfacility transfers, and/or rehabilitation. Please Note: We will likely fund 2 awards specific to Rehabilitation and Recovery, thus proposals specific to Rehabilitation and Recovery are highly encouraged. An additional 2 awards for transitions of care in other settings will be awarded. Proposals that do not address transitions of care will not be considered.
- Should include a statement of need with literature review.
- Have clearly specified research question(s)/aim/hypothesis and detailed methodology.
- Have clear data elements, data sources and tracking metrics.
- Have a clear, detailed statistical/analysis plan (with evidence that a biostatistician or epidemiologist or similarly trained individual is part of the project team) or text justifying why it is not needed/necessary.
- Have an identified project team.
- Should be completed within a 24-month award period.
- Submitted proposals will be reviewed by a NECC selection committee. As a lead investigator, you will receive support from the NECC in developing and completing your project. Senior advisors will work with your group to ensure the project’s success.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- June 11, 2018, 5pm – Letters of Interest Due
- Late June/ Early July 2018 – Decision on Letters of Interest (Invitation for Full Proposal)
- August 3, 2018 – Full Proposals Due
- Late August/ Early September 2018 – Applicants Notified of Final Decisions
- October 25 & 26, 2018 – Competition for Additional Funds at The NECC Summit
Letter of Interest
A one page letter of interest must include the following:
- A description of the project and project team
- Measurable outcome(s)
- What mentorship and/or resources you are seeking
- Stated intent to publish a manuscript (include target journal) and/or submit for presentation at a regional, national, or international scientific conference.
If your letter of is accepted, you will be invited to submit a proposal for consideration.