Resources for Triage of Large Vessel Occlusion (LVO)
This document was compiled in an attempt to provide a comparison of current stroke severity scales. It is recommended that the original articles cited be consulted prior to making any decisions on prehospital stroke care.
- Prehospital Evaluation of Cincinnati Stroke Triage Assessment Tool
McMullan JT, Katz B, Broderick J, Schmit P, Sucharew H, Adeoye O. Prospective Prehospital Evaluation of the Cincinnati Stroke Triage Assessment Tool. Prehospital Emergency Care. 2017 Jan 7:1-8.
- Design and Validation of a Prehospital Scale to Predict Stroke Severity
Katz BS, McMullan JT, Sucharew H, Adeoye O, Broderick JP. Design and validation of a prehospital scale to predict stroke severity. Stroke. 2015 Jun 1;46(6):1508-12.
- Field Assessment Stroke Triage for Emergency Destination
Lima FO, Silva GS, Furie KL, Frankel MR, Lev MH, Camargo ÉC, Haussen DC, Singhal AB, Koroshetz WJ, Smith WS, Nogueira RG. Field Assessment Stroke Triage for Emergency Destination. Stroke. 2016 Aug 1;47(8):1997-2002.
- Design and Validation of a Prehospital Stroke Scale to Predict Large Arterial Occlusion
de la Ossa NP, Carrera D, Gorchs M, Querol M, Millán M, Gomis M, Dorado L, López-Cancio E, Hernández-Pérez M, Chicharro V, Escalada X.
Design and Validation of a Prehospital Stroke Scale to Predict Large Arterial Occlusion. Stroke. 2014 Jan 1;45(1):87-91.
- Field Validation of the Los Angeles Motor Scale as a Tool for Paramedic Assessment of Stroke Severity
Kim JT, Chung PW, Starkman S, Sanossian N, Stratton SJ, Eckstein M, Pratt FD, Conwit R, Liebeskind DS, Sharma L, Restrepo L. Field Validation of the Los Angeles Motor Scale as a Tool for Paramedic Assessment of Stroke Severity. Stroke. 2017 Feb 1;48(2):298-306.
- Prehospital Acute Stroke Severity Scale to Predict Large Artery Occlusion
Hastrup S, Damgaard D, Johnsen SP, Andersen G. Prehospital Acute Stroke Severity scale to predict large artery occlusion. Stroke. 2016 Jul 1;47(7):1772-6.
- Stroke Vision, Aphasis, Neglect (VAN) Assessment- A Novel Emergent Large Vessel Occlusion Screening Tool: Pilot Study and Comparison with Current Clinical Severity Indices
Teleb MS, Ver Hage A, Carter J, Jayaraman MV, McTaggart RA. Stroke vision, aphasia, neglect (VAN) assessment—a novel emergent large vessel occlusion screening tool: pilot study and comparison with current clinical severity indices. Journal of neurointerventional surgery. 2016 Feb 18:neurintsurg-2015.