2019 Research Opportunities
The NECC Mini-Grant Initiative
Stroke Systems of Care
3rd Annual Stroke Tank: Pitch it to the Judges! ™ – Funded proposals will have a chance to compete for additional funds in a “Shark Tank” style competition at the 14th Annual Summit, October 25th, in Boston, MA. The NECC will support projects with mentorship and funding up to $10,000 per grant.
Check out a Sizzle Reel from the inaugural event.
Previous Stroke Tank Winners
David Lin, MD
Founder, Stroke Motor Recovery Clinic
Center for Neurotechnology and Neurorecovery, Massachusetts General Hospital
Previous Stroke Tank Proposals
The submission period for the 2019 NECC Mini-Grant program has closed. Please stay tuned for updates regarding the funded proposals, to be featured at the 14th Annual Summit.
Please check back for 2020 Proposal Submission information.
General Proposal Submission Details
Letter of Interest Guidelines
A one-page letter of interest must include the following:
- A description of the project and project team
- Measurable outcome(s)
- What mentorship and/or resources you are seeking
- Stated intent to publish a manuscript (including target journal) and/or submit for presentation at a regional, national, or international scientific conference.
- If your letter of interest is accepted, you will be invited to submit a proposal for consideration.
Upon submission, Letters of Interest will be reviewed by a NECC Selection Committee. If selected, you will be invited to complete a Full Proposal.
All proposals must include the below elements:
- A statement of need with literature review
- Clearly specified research question(s)/ aim/ hypothesis and detailed methodology
- Specific data elements, data sources, and tracking metrics
- Clear and detailed statistical analysis plan (with evidence that a biostatistician, epidemiologist or similarly trained individual is part of the project team) or text justifying why it is not needed/ necessary.
- An identified project team
- Time frame for completion (should be completed within a 24-month award period)
The NECC is pleased to share successful letters as samples, upon request. If interested, please inquire at NECC@heart.org.