Partners HealthCare | Assembly Row | Somerville, MA
June 16, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Course Directors: Lee Schwamm, MD, Jonathan Rosand, MD, & Aman Patel, MD
Course Website: www.mghcvfuturecare.org/
Cerebrovascular care is undergoing a transformation. New discoveries and treatments present a range of options for providers and patients alike. New and proven therapies are currently available, but access to advanced therapeutics, and identification and evaluation of clinical syndromes presents a practice gap. Increasing awareness of available resources to ensure the best outcomes for patients is needed. The goal of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cerebrovascular Future Care Symposium is to inform about these exciting changes and their impact, now and to come.
The symposium presents the opportunity to interact with renowned experts in the field, covering the entire breath of specialty cerebrovascular services. Short and focused didactic sessions will provide updated content and perspective. Exciting case presentations will track patients from the time of presentation through definitive diagnosis and treatment, providing practical and insightful discussion and commentary from a panel of specialists. Audience response tools will allow you to assess your colleagues’ responses and ask questions of the speaker and panels. All presentation slides will be available on our website in PDF form during the symposium and for future reference as a syllabus. Finally, our single day format at our beautiful new facility at Assembly Row in Somerville, MA allows you to explore the latest in the field while minimizing the disruption on your clinical and personal time.
Massachusetts General Hospital is the first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Massachusetts, providing cutting edge treatments in acute cerebrovascular care. We look forward to meeting you, welcoming you, and sharing with you an innovative learning experience that focuses on the latest evidence-based developments in cerebrovascular care. We are confident that the course content and subsequent discussions will directly and positively impact your practice.
Full CME credits will be available.
- This activity is intended for Emergency Department, Neurology, and Internal Medicine practitioners (physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants), emergency department and critical care nursing, emergency medical service and flight crew personnel, hospital and facility administrators, and quality control managers.
- Describe new and proven therapies currently available, for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
- Identify clinical syndromes and understand the required elevation and triage.
- Develop awareness of the resources available to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
- Early Bird Specials: When registered before May 15, 2018
- Physicians: $200.00
- Scientists, Nurses, & Other healthcare professionals: $100.00
- Trainees: $25..00
- Tuition: After May 15, 2018
- Full Tuition/ Physicians: $250.00
- Residents/ Fellows: $50.00
- Scientists: $150.00
- Nurses & Other healthcare professionals: $150.00
- Available for a limited number of deserving residents, fellows, and nurses. To inquire about scholarship, please contact Laetitia Mpoutou at [email protected].
- Registrations cancelled on or before June 2, 2018 will be refunded, less a $25 administrative fee. Registrations cancelled after June 2, 2018 will not be refunded.
- Please contact [email protected] if you require assistance in cancelling your online cancellation.
- Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.